The Local Plan
What is a Local Plan?
Local Plans are the local guide to what can be built where, shaping infrastructure investments and determining the future pattern of development in the borough.
South Tyneside Council is now at the stage where they have a draft plan in place and are giving local people just 6 weeks to have their say on whether they agree to it or not.
Like an idea? Concerned about the loss of green space or destruction of wildlife habitats? Worried about the impact on your business? Upset that your children may no longer have anywhere safe to play nearby?
Have a look at what the Council is proposing to do to your neighbourhood and now is the time to have your say!
When does the public consultation open?
It runs from Monday 20 June to Sunday 31 July 2022
Where can I find out more information?
Public Question & Answer Sessions have been announced:
- Hedworthfield CA (Monday 4 July, 6pm to 8pm)
- East Boldon Primary School (Wednesday 6 July, 6pm to 8pm)
- Cleadon Methodist Church (Thursday 7 July, 6pm to 8pm)
- Whitburn Parish Hall (Friday 8 July, 6pm to 8pm)
- Jarrow Focus (Tuesday 12 July, 10am to 12 noon)
- Hebburn Central (Thursday 14 July, 10am to 12 noon)
- South Shields Town Hall (Monday 18 July, 10am to 12 noon)
- Cleadon Methodist Church (Tuesday 19 July, 10am to 12 noon)
- Boldon Community Association (Wednesday 20 July, 6pm to 8pm)
- Hedworthfield CA (Thursday 21 July, 10am to 12 noon)
- Boldon Community Association (Friday 22 July, 10am to 12 noon)
Short presentations on the Local Plan will be made at each of the following Community Area Forum (CAF) meetings:
- Riverside CAF (Tuesday 5 July, 10am. South Shields Town Hall)
- Jarrow and Boldon CAF (Thursday 7 July, 10am. Jarrow Town Hall)
- Hebburn CAF (Monday 11 July, 10am. Hebburn Central)
- East Shields and Whitburn CAF (Thursday 14 July, 6pm. St. Gregory’s Church)
- West Shields, Cleadon and East Boldon (28 July, 10am. Venue tbc on STC website)
How do I have my say?
Write to: Spatial Planning, Development Services, Regeneration and Environment, South Tyneside Council, Town Hall and Civic Offices, Westoe Road, South Shields, Tyne and Wear, NE33 2RL
More Info: South Tyneside Council Website